Equality and Inclusion
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School is committed to upholding all elements of the Equality Act 2010. We have adopted a policy and through our objectives, continually review and seek to improve our provision in this regard.
The new General Duty replaces the three-existing public sector equality duties for disability, race and gender. It covers all protected characteristics and has three main aims requiring public bodies to have due regard to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited under the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between persons who share a protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
We are committed to:
- Dealing with and eliminating prejudiced based incidents
- Closing the gap in attainment for all children
- Engagement with local communities
- Policies and practices that promote equality and address inequalities.