PALS (Prayer and Liturgy Support)
Our PALS at St Thomas Aquinas are a group of children who are committed to supporting the Headteacher, RE Lead and the staff of the school in our Catholic ethos and mission.
Our PALS for the current academic year are:
Angelo (Principal PAL), Amy, Gerard,
Hollie, Kyron & Summer-Rose
These pupils have a significant part to play in the Catholic life of our school. They take responsibility for:
- Organising resources for Whole School and Class Masses
- Running the technical aspects of Mass- Powerpoints and hymns/ music
- Leading collective worship, particularly during important liturgical seasons- such as the Rosary group, Stations of the Cross
- Managing hymn practices
- Keeping a check on the stock of RE resources such as Bibles, artefacts, etc.
- Checking that the altars in classrooms and shared areas are liturgically correct, and feeding back to the RE Leader
- Producing the school's termly Mission newsletter to inform parents of our Catholic mission
- Managing the Prayer Garden
- Distributing the Wednesday words
- Organising the weekly Virtues badges and certificates.
Saint of the Month - St. Aloysius Gongaza.
Our PALS shared a wonderful assembly with us on the life on St. Aloysius Gongaza. We learnt that he spent much of his life in spiritual reading, which led him to becoming a priest, praying long hours at night and fasting several times a week. St. Aloysius taught us that young people are not too young to become saints
Saint of the Month - St. Raphael
It was wonderful to have our PALS back with the Saint of the Month Assemblies.
They researched the life of St. Raphael and delivered a wonderful assembly to the whole school. There was an amazing question and answer session at the end. Well done PALS!
Operation Christmas Child
Our PALS were busy collecting, sorting, organising and transporting the shoeboxes that were kindly donated by our pupils and their families from our school for The Samaritan's Purse Appeal. The generosity throughout this whole appeal has been overwhelming and we thank you for making it such a success.